Adam Drake wrote:

> Ok guys, I'm begging now!
>
> I've installed QMAIL on my LEAF BERING system, with DAEMONTL and VMAILMGR.
>
> Having read whatever documentation there is (not a lot) I've attempted to
> configure qmail as best I can, but I'm clutching at straws. For some reason,
> I can now send e-mails, but not receive them.
>
> My shorewall settings are set to allow the correct ports in and out.
>
> What I really need to know is how should the qmail settings be set? the
> address pointing to my lrp box is:
>
> drakeweb.homeip.net
>
> I have one e-mail account: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
>
> What should my settings be to allow e-mail to land?
>
> Anyone any ideas?

I don't know shorewall; however, I cannot connect to your port tcp 25:

        # telnet drakeweb.homeip.net 25
        Trying 216.75.173.58...
        telnet: Unable to connect to remote host: No route to host

Nor, this way:

        # nmap -sT -p 25 drakeweb.homeip.net
        Starting nmap V. 2.54BETA31 ( www.insecure.org/nmap/ )
        Interesting ports on 173-58.SPEEDe.golden.net (216.75.173.58):
        Port       State       Service
        25/tcp     filtered    smtp

So, first, you need to open port tcp 25 . . .

Or, perhaps, you do not have any smtp entry in /etc/inetd.conf?

--

Best Regards,

mds
mds resource
888.250.3987

Our capacity for understanding is inversely proportional to how much we
think we know.  The more I know, the more I know I don't know . . .