I received a link today to a company called descan that is providing a piece of
software that sits on a Linux machine (currently only those based on the 2.4 kernel)
and keeps track of scan activity detected and then periodically sends this information
to the company, which then looks for patterns to, among other things, identify zombies.

Their link is www.descan.net

I'm interested in the opinions of this group as to whether this would be a worthwhile
addition to a Bering firewall and whether this is a project worth supporting.

regards!

paul

Paul M. Wright, Jr.
McKay Technologies