From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]] On Behalf Of
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: 01 August, 2002 5:49 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: [leaf-user] descan

I received a link today to a company called descan that is providing a
piece of software that sits on a Linux machine (currently only those
based on the 2.4 kernel) and keeps track of scan activity detected and
then periodically sends this information to the company, which then
looks for patterns to, among other things, identify zombies.

Their link is www.descan.net

I'm interested in the opinions of this group as to whether this would be
a worthwhile addition to a Bering firewall and whether this is a project
worth supporting.

regards!

paul

Paul M. Wright, Jr.