Have you checked shorewall configuration?

You might need to add something there.

-----Original Message-----
From: Michael Leone [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Friday, August 30, 2002 2:05 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: [leaf-user] Mailing logs from Bering

I'm having trouble getting Bering 1.0-rc3 to mail me it's logs everyday. I
used to have Dachstein email my logs everyday, and so I'd thought I'd have
Bering do the same. So I changed /etc/multicron-p's rotatelogs to look
like this:

rotatelogs () {

        case $prog in
                *-d ) LOGFILES=$lrp_LOGS_DAILY  ;;
                *-w ) LOGFILES=$lrp_LOGS_WEEKLY  ;;
                *-m ) LOGFILES=$lrp_LOGS_MONTHLY ;;
                * )   return 1 ;;
        esac

        cd /var/log
        for LOG in $LOGFILES; do
                if [ -f $LOG ]; then
                        savelog -g adm -m 640 -u root -c
${lrp_LOGS_DEPTH:-4} $L
                        mail -s $LOG [EMAIL PROTECTED] </var/log/$LOG.0
                fi
        done

        svi sysklogd reload
}

which worked on DS. However, it doesn't work on Bering. In fact, it
doesn't even work from the command line:

: -root-
# mail -s "messages" [EMAIL PROTECTED] </var/log/messages.0
nc: connect: Connection refused
Error: Unknown response.
  RSET
  0:
Aborting due to connection error
  Killing child processes: 1327 19012

/etc/lrp.conf has this:

# Host SMTP server for the 'mail' command. If blank the host 'mail' is used.
lrp_MAIL_SERVER="192.168.100.20"

# Email address to use for notices and alerts. If blank alerts won't be
sent.
lrp_MAIL_ADMIN="[EMAIL PROTECTED]"

But I see nothing in the logs on my mailserver (which is indeed at the
above IP).

Thoughts?

Member, LEAF Project <http://leaf.sourceforge.net>    AIM: MikeLeone
Public Key - <http://www.mike-leone.com/~turgon/turgon-public-key.asc>

Some days you're the pigeon; some days you're the statue.

Random Thought: