Brad Fritz said:

>> 192.168.100.20. Will I need a special Shorewall rule to allow SMTP out
>> from the fw to a host on the LAN?
>
> Yes.  One that allows from the firewall zone to the mail
> server, e.g.
>
>   ACCEPT   fw    loc:192.168.100.20      tcp     smtp

Yes, that works. I thought it might be that, but didn't want to mess
around with it without checking first. Thanks, Brad.

Perhaps the next rc of Bering would have an option "Do you want logs
mailed to you", and if so, then add the mail line, and the shorewall rule.

Member, LEAF Project <http://leaf.sourceforge.net>    AIM: MikeLeone
Public Key - <http://www.mike-leone.com/~turgon/turgon-public-key.asc>

Some days you're the pigeon; some days you're the statue.

Random Thought: