To get meaninful help, you are going to have to improve the quality of your
reporting. Telling us you got "some errors" and "something about ..."
simply isn't enough detail for real troubleshooting.

With a ppp connection, you (almost always) get the interface configuration
values -- IP address, gateway, and related values -- from the other end of
the connection. If LCP negotiation fails, that information never comes
through.

The 7-bit error usually means that the ISP's end of the connection did not
switch from shell mode to ppp mode. It usually has nothing to do with the
modem or serial-port settings at your end.

To get real help, please provide us with the COMPLETE, INTACT log output of
a failed attempt to connect. The ONLY exception to "INTACT" is that you
should replace your password with a string of upper-case Xs. Also tell us
how the ISP expects you to authenticate (e.g., userid/password, CHAP, PAP).
And let us see your ppp options file, again complete and intact.

BTW, what LEAF version are you running?