Ray, thanks for your help.

The router in question is at home, runs off a Compact Flash
has no floppy and no ftp server and no printer.
The media stuation is just a little complicated, which I won't
go into here

I will try to get more complete info after tonights attempts.
I have also been frustrated by people asking for help without
supplying all the facts.  Sometimes all the facts aren't that easy to get.

Also, I will attempt to download a terminal emulator to it.
Also, I will play with the chat script without pppd in the way.
I've never done that, I assume chat is standalone.

Also, I will investigate the high speed wireless access in our little
town.  Might as well exchange one uncooperative ISP for another.

Ray Olszewski <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> on 10/16/2002 11:30:57 AM