There is absolutely no need to filling up someone's logs.
Cipe is an encrypted tunnel and the cipe protocol has
Bridging support. In other words it is perfectly possible
To have two private lan's bridged together across the
Internet over a cipe interface.

For more info on cipe check freshmeat.net and search for cipe.

Kim

> >Gads!!!! I hope not..  :-)
> >You might take a gander at WINS or some other resolution method
> >outside of NetBeui/NetBIOS. You do _not_ want to be spewing
> >broadcast garbage outside of your subnet when better, more
> >controlled methods are available. Setting up a WINS server on each
> >subnet that sync with each other is much more preferrable.
>
> Getting Warcraft III going was actually the more pressing requirement,

> broadcast browse lists would just be a nice bonus otherwise you have
> to keep using \\ip address\sharename strings to find file shares.
> They are only small networks <5 machines each, so being overwhelmed
> with broadcast packets is not going to be a problem.  For tiny
> networks i often find it is more work to do things the 'proper' way
> (eg dhcp server) than the 'hard' way (manual ip settings and a text
> file of who has what ip)

A M$ WINS server will likely be a pain to get to sync across subnets,
however Samba servers do it effortlessly. It might be harder to setup a
WINS server, but at last look the line added to smb.conf only required
"wins server=yes" to set it up as a wins server. You also need to add a
line for sync'ing the remote servers (by ip address). If this is not
something your going to want to try, your probably not going to have any
success without a lot more work across subnets.

My suggestion was from the stand-point that I don't want Win2K/XP to be
broadcasting all my LAN information out to the internet..... there is
enough trash in my logs without adding more to someone else's logs.