Thanks everyone, for the hints/ideas. I appreciate it.
(Un)fortunately (in this context anyway) I've just recently got a new
job which leaves me little time to go in depth with this ATM...

That's also why I'm thinking that 'the path of least resistance' might
be to simply tell this kid to drop P2P, or I'll simply throttle his
machine way down...

Hope I have time in the weekend to understand more...

Thanks again

Jon Clausen