Help needed setting up DNS on Dachstein-CD V1.02.

Have installed the packages djbutils, dnscache and tinydns. Made what I
considered to be appropriate settings using the lrcfg menus, saved and
rebooted.
Host names for machines on the private side have been entered in
NETWORK.CONF and DNS set to YES.

The LRP box is configured thus:

Eth0=89.10.1.1
Eth1=193.37.83.1

The Eth0 side is connected to the main company network which has a
proliferation of windoze boxen one of which is a DNS server on 89.2.7.6
On the Eth1 side I have a SuSe8.0 box (Pingu-serv) 193.37.83.2 and a couple
of WinNT3.51 boxes one of which is 193.37.83.81

Running Tcpdump on pingu-serv I get the following

17:07:30.870333 pingu-serv.farside.net.vfo > 193.37.83.1.domain:  58405+
PTR? 81.83.37.193.in-addr.arpa. (43) (DF)
17:07:30.870892 193.37.83.1 > pingu-serv.farside.net: icmp: 193.37.83.1 udp
port domain unreachable [tos 0xc0]

Pingu-serv is set to get DNS info for both the private network (farside.net)
and the company network from 193.37.83.1, the private side of the LRP box.

All ipchains rules have been flushed and the default policies set to ACCEPT
so I shouldn't be blocking any requests.

What is this tcpdump output telling me?

I'm a relative newbie so pointing me at some relevant, but easily
comprehensible reading matter might assist. To me it just looks like the
port which serves the dns requests isn't open.

Regards,

Colin

The information contained in this e-mail is confidential. It may also be legally
privileged. It is intended only for the stated addressee(s) and access to it by any
other person is unauthorised. If you are not an addressee, you must not disclose,
copy, circulate or in any other way use or rely on the information contained in this
e-mail. Such unauthorised use may be unlawful.

If you have received this e-mail in error, please inform RACAL INSTRUMENTS LTD.
immediately by phoning +44 (0)1628 604455 (ask for the I.T. dept) and delete it and
all copies from your system.