Brad & Ray,
        Thanks for your help and now I have managed to access Jacques Nilo's
LEAF website I'm in a much better position to work out what's happening. We
had a major failure yesterday which took the whole network down and when it
came back up dnscache was running! I must have changed something since I
last backed up because the router had been up and down lots of times over
the past few days much to the annoyance of the people trying to route
through it.

I still don't know why the router isn't serving dns queries to the private
network but it appears to be configured correctly as per Jacques
documentation.

I will continue to try to resolve this on my own over the next few weeks and
post the solution or a request for more help if I still can't get it
working. DNS is more of a niceity than a necessity in this application but
I'm trying to get LEAF more integrated into the main company net so I've got
to get it working at some point, then DHCP, streaming audio, streaming
video, email, web et'al

Regards

Colin

The information contained in this e-mail is confidential. It may also be legally
privileged. It is intended only for the stated addressee(s) and access to it by any
other person is unauthorised. If you are not an addressee, you must not disclose,
copy, circulate or in any other way use or rely on the information contained in this
e-mail. Such unauthorised use may be unlawful.

If you have received this e-mail in error, please inform RACAL INSTRUMENTS LTD.
immediately by phoning +44 (0)1628 604455 (ask for the I.T. dept) and delete it and
all copies from your system.