Wrigglesworth, Colin wrote:
Didn't take me log to find out what the brain dead problem is....tinydns
isn't running. Why?...well I don't actually know but I'm sure this has got
something to do with it:

# /etc/init.d/tinydns start
/etc/init.d/tinydns start: UID: readonly variable
#

So what is causing this? It is tinydns 1.0.5a from the Dachstein 1.0.2 CD
but I have also downloaded the same package from
http://leaf.sourceforge.net/devel/jnilo/packages/tinydns.lrp
<http://leaf.sourceforge.net/devel/jnilo/packages/tinydns.lrp>  with the
same result.
Are you running bash by any chance? If so, that's the problem...UID is a read-only variable in bash, but ash doesn't support read-only variables.

If this is the problem, a quick solution would be to change the shell interpreter (first line of the shell script) to ash, ie:

change:
#!/bin/sh

to:
#!/bin/ash