-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]] On Behalf Of John Mullan
Sent: Monday, December 02, 2002 5:49 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: [leaf-user] Problem: Bering DOC in latest "stable" version

Well, I've spent the weekend changing from my Dachstein DHCP system on DoC to Bering
PPPoe (changed ISPs) latest "stable" version I believe based on 2.4.18 kernal.

It didn't take too long to implement the PPPoE feature using the Install/User guides.
But the DoC part has me baffled.  Currently, my Bering implementation works fine but
still on floppy.

After searching archives and re-reading the guides many times, my results follow:

- I get the expected messages from  "insmod docprobe.o"

        Possible DiskOnChip with unknown ChipID FF found at 0xc8000
        Possible DiskOnChip with unknown ChipID FF found at 0xca000
        Possible DiskOnChip with unknown ChipID FF found at 0xcc000
        [..]
        DiskOnChip 2000 found at address 0xD8000
        Ignoring DiskOnChip 2000 at 0xDA000 − already configured
        Ignoring DiskOnChip 2000 at 0xDC000 − already configured
        Ignoring DiskOnChip 2000 at 0xDE000 − already configured
        Possible DiskOnChip with unknown ChipID FF found at 0xe0000
        Possible DiskOnChip with unknown ChipID FF found at 0xe2000

        (numbers differ as I couldn't directly copy the screen results)

- nftl.o module seems fine (don't get the "size != 1" error) and returns with

        partition check:
          nftla: nftla1

- DOC is recognized "cat /proc/mtd"

        dev: size erasesize name
        mtd0: 05000000 00004000 "DiskOnChip 2000"

- I cannot: mount, fdisk, mkfs

        mkdir /flash
        mount -t msdos /dev/nftla1 /flash
                Device not configured

The DOC has been "reformatted" with M-Sys version 4.2 because 5.x was not compatible.
I also put an MSDOS FAT-16 on it prior to this venture but tried fdisk anyway.

PROBLEM:  Why is nftla, nftla1 not "configured".  What am I missing and/or where
should I look.

John Mullan     http://www.mullan.ca/

Personal:       mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Business:       mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]