On Fri, 10 Jan 2003 19:37:25 GMT jtpian0 wrote:

> I posted a few weeks ago about a problem I was having getting
> Bering to recognize my NICs.  I was using the wrong module!
> (stupid me.. )  Anyway, I loaded the 3c509.o module from Jacqes
> site using the 2.4.20 version and am still having trouble.  Are
> there any oher needed modules?  Both NICs are ISA and  I've
> configured them using the DOS config progam from 3Com.  Is there
> any thing I'm missing?  When I try to insmod I am getting an
> error message.

Are you running a 2.4.20 kernel?  I think the stock Bering
stable image still usses 2.4.18.  If you have 2.4.18, you
need the 2.4.18 3c905.o module.  ("uname -a" will tell you
what kernel version you have if you don't know.)

If that's not the problem, post the exact error mesage you
referred to and we can work from there.

> If I input ip addr show  I only get back feedback
> for my loopback and dummy device.  Your input is appreciated.

Without a module properly installed for your NIC, you definitely
won't see it in the "ip addr" output.

--Brad