Check the log messages. I have similiar problem with
orinoco_cs driver. The orinoco gold (WaveLAN Turbo 11
Mbps) works fine with all versions of Windows - XP,
ME, 2000, Win98) but not with Bering's orinoco_cs. For
some reasons, the orinoco_cs can't access the card
correctly. It can't get the Mac address from the
firmware. I have tried most of the orinoco firmware -
6.x - 8.x (which is the latest). I still got the same
result. I can't complain to Lucent (Agrere) because it
works fine with Windows.

Newton

--- Scott Merrill <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

http://leaf-project.org/pub/doc/docmanager/docid_1891.html