Matt,

Thank you for your help.

--- Matt Schalit <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Looks like you're working towards eth0
> for you wireless.  That deviates from the
> users guide, not that it's a bad thing by
> nature, but I don't know what the affects are.

I tried eth0, eth1, eth2. Eth0 was used because the
ethernet network module was not loaded. In this case,
tulip.o.

> Still, how do you determine the bios revision
> on an Orinoco Gold?

The Orinoco (WaveLAN turob) gold firmware is the
latest i.e. version 8.10.

> And what exact packages are you loading, and
> please note file sizes and dates so I can compare.

I go the packages directly from the sourceforge/leaf
site. Here is my ls -l of /lib/modules/pcmcia

-rw-r--r--   1 root     root         8848 Jul 19  2002
8390.o
-rw-r--r--   1 root     root        15788 Jul 19  2002
axnet_cs.o
-rw-r--r--   1 root     root        11248 Jun 16  2002
ds.o
-rw-r--r--   1 root     root         6060 Jun 16  2002
hermes.o
-rw-r--r--   1 root     root        33728 Jun 16  2002
i82365.o
-rw-r--r--   1 root     root        42152 Jun 16  2002
orinoco.o
-rw-r--r--   1 root     root         8100 Jun 16  2002
orinoco_cs.o
-rw-r--r--   1 root     root        58163 Jun 16  2002
pcmcia_core.o
-rw-r--r--   1 root     root        18016 Jul 19  2002
pcnet_cs.o

I did a search on google on "Hermes_read_ltv type not
match ". I found that there are patches for hermes.c.
Don't know if Bering-orinoco needs the same patches.
One explanation was that hermes.c does not do another
scan after it detects errors on its first  read. Where
can I locate the source of the pcmcia-orinoco.lrp ?

I still wonder if there is memory conflict problem
between the orinoco card and another device on the
same system. I may have to de-populate my system to
find out if it is the case. If someone can confirm
that this may be the case, it will be very helpful.

And, this  is my sysconfig.cfg - exactly what I got
from the pcmcia-orinoco.lrp:

Display syslinux.dpy
timeout 0
default linux initrd=initrd.lrp init=/linuxrc
root=/dev/ram0 boot=/dev/fd0u1680:
msdos PKGPATH=/dev/fd0u1680
LRP=root,etc,local,modules,pcmcia,wireless,libm,pump
,dhcpd,shorwall,dnscache,weblet

Thank you again.

Best regards.

Newton