Looks like you're working towards eth0
for you wireless.  That deviates from the
users guide, not that it's a bad thing by
nature, but I don't know what the affects are.

Still, how do you determine the bios revision
on an Orinoco Gold?

And what exact packages are you loading, and
please note file sizes and dates so I can compare.

Regards,
Matthew

wing newton wrote:
Matt,

I brought up RC3 Bering-orinoco again.

Here what I got :

The card is "WaveLAN/IEEE".
..
hermes_read_ltv(): rid (0xfd20) does not match type
(0xc7ff)
hermes @ 0x140: Truncating LTV record from 508 to 8
bytes. (rid=0xfd20, len=0x00ff)
eth0: Station identity 003f:00ff:d4bf:00ff
eth0: Looks like an Intersil firmware version
54463.255
eth0: Ad-hoc demo mode supported
eth0: IEEE standard IBSS ad-hoc mode supported
eth0: WEP supported, 104-bit key
eth0: failed to read MAC address !
orinoco_cs: register_netdev() failed

Thank you for your help.

Newton

--- Matt Schalit <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

wing newton wrote:
> ... The orinoco gold (WaveLAN Turbo 11
> Mbps) works fine with all versions of Windows -
XP,
> ME, 2000, Win98) but not with Bering's
orinoco_cs.

Ok, but as I mentioned, my Orinico Gold works
in an ISA PC-Card adapter w/Bering rc3.  I've
never had any problems with it.  Also, the users
guide is written describing this setup, indicating
that someone else has had success.

Best,
Matt

http://mailplus.yahoo.com