Matt,

I brought up RC3 Bering-orinoco again.

Here what I got :

The card is "WaveLAN/IEEE".
..
hermes_read_ltv(): rid (0xfd20) does not match type
(0xc7ff)
hermes @ 0x140: Truncating LTV record from 508 to 8
bytes. (rid=0xfd20, len=0x00ff)
eth0: Station identity 003f:00ff:d4bf:00ff
eth0: Looks like an Intersil firmware version
54463.255
eth0: Ad-hoc demo mode supported
eth0: IEEE standard IBSS ad-hoc mode supported
eth0: WEP supported, 104-bit key
eth0: failed to read MAC address !
orinoco_cs: register_netdev() failed

Thank you for your help.