Hello folks....

A little pre-amble:  When setting up my buddies LEAF box, I made an exact
copy of my LEAF setup, changing PPPoE user/password, some host names, and
that was pretty much it.  Everything works exactly like mine.

Well, almost everything.  While I can login to my LEAF box (over the
internet) with SSH (TeraTermPro), I cannot with his.  I keep getting
"connection refused".

I can do it within the internal net no problem (again, same as mine).

What should I look for?  Could there be something with the possibility of
identical keys having copied my installation?  I'm not familiar with how
that part may or may no affect the situation.

Sample of Shorewall RULES file follows:

#
# Accept DNS connections from the firewall to the network
#
ACCEPT fw  net tcp 53
ACCEPT fw  net udp 53

#
# Accept SSH connections from the local and internet network for
administration
#
ACCEPT loc fw  tcp 22
ACCEPT net fw  tcp 22

#
# Bering specific rules:
# allow loc to fw udp/53 for dnscache to work
#
ACCEPT loc fw  udp 53

#
# Allow all access to weblet
#
REDIRECT loc 8080 tcp 80 - 192.168.1.254
ACCEPT loc fw tcp 8080

# Custom rules:
#  allow various services for internal servers
#
DNAT net loc:192.168.1.254 tcp 8080
DNAT net loc:192.168.1.128 tcp 80
DNAT net loc:192.168.1.128 tcp 21 1021
DNAT net loc:192.168.1.128 tcp 1021
DNAT net loc:192.168.1.128 tcp 25
DNAT net loc:192.168.1.128 tcp 110
DNAT net loc:192.168.1.128 tcp 1080
DNAT net loc:192.168.1.128 tcp 5631
DNAT net loc:192.168.1.128 tcp 5632
DNAT net loc:192.168.1.128 udp 5631
DNAT net loc:192.168.1.128 udp 5632
DNAT net loc:192.168.1.128 tcp 8888
DNAT net loc:192.168.1.128 tcp 9925
#LAST LINE -- ADD YOUR ENTRIES BEFORE THIS ONE -- DO NOT REMOVE

Work:       http://www.olgclotteries.com
            [EMAIL PROTECTED]
            888-345-7568 ext. 2205

Personal:   http://www.mullan.ca