Thanks Tom, I will double check the listening address.  It may have gotten
changed somehow.

I'm not sure about your reference to 'odd requirement'.  Do you mean
choosing port 1021?

My only intention is, that if external clients make an FTP request using
default port of 21 that they get routed to 1021 on the appropriate machine.
Saves me explaining to friends to use 1021.  Would it be more appropriate
to use a REDIRECT instead of DNAT??

John
=======================================
Work:       http://www.olgclotteries.com
            [EMAIL PROTECTED]
            888-345-7568 ext. 2205

Personal:   http://www.mullan.ca
            [EMAIL PROTECTED]
MSN:        [EMAIL PROTECTED]
=======================================

                      Tom Eastep

                      <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>           To:       John Mullan
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
                      Sent by:                          cc:
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
                      [EMAIL PROTECTED]        Subject:  Re: [leaf-user] SSH
question
                      ceforge.net

                      14-02-03 10:04 AM

John Mullan wrote:
> Yes, they are intentional.  I want to keep the FTP server on port 1021.
If
> anyone comes in from outside without specifying port 1021, they will
still
> get to my FTP server.  That leaves me the future opportunity to have
> another FTP server on 21 but only accessible from internal.
>
> At least, that is the way I figure it.

Your first rule actually insists that the CLIENT port be 1021 -- rather
odd requirement.

> I will attempt the Telnet idea later.  Work doesn't open very many ports.
> I don't even get port 80 access from this workstation :(

Also be sure that your sshd is listening on 0.0.0.0 and/or on the
exernal IP address of your firewall.

-Tom
Shoreline,     \ http://www.shorewall.net
Washington USA  \ [EMAIL PROTECTED]