Yes, they are intentional.  I want to keep the FTP server on port 1021.  If
anyone comes in from outside without specifying port 1021, they will still
get to my FTP server.  That leaves me the future opportunity to have
another FTP server on 21 but only accessible from internal.

At least, that is the way I figure it.

I will attempt the Telnet idea later.  Work doesn't open very many ports.
I don't even get port 80 access from this workstation :(

=======================================
Work:       http://www.olgclotteries.com
            [EMAIL PROTECTED]
            888-345-7568 ext. 2205

Personal:   http://www.mullan.ca
            [EMAIL PROTECTED]
MSN:        [EMAIL PROTECTED]
=======================================

                      "Alex Rhomberg"

                      <alex.lists@bluew        To:       "John Mullan"
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>, <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
                      in.ch>                   cc:

                                               Subject:  AW: [leaf-user] SSH question

                      14-02-03 08:29 AM

> A little pre-amble:  When setting up my buddies LEAF box, I made an exact
> copy of my LEAF setup, changing PPPoE user/password, some host names, and
> that was pretty much it.  Everything works exactly like mine.
>
> Well, almost everything.  While I can login to my LEAF box (over the
> internet) with SSH (TeraTermPro), I cannot with his.  I keep getting
> "connection refused".

Try opening a telnet connection to the ssh daemon
telnet x.x.x.x 22
If it answers with SSH-2.0-OpenSSH_3.5p1 or something similar, then the
problem is with the SSH daemon configuration or the password, because you
know that you have a running sshd and an firewall that allows connections
it

> What should I look for?  Could there be something with the possibility of
> identical keys having copied my installation?

There should be no problem with using identical keys though it is clearly
not recommended.

> DNAT net loc:192.168.1.128 tcp 21 1021
> DNAT net loc:192.168.1.128 tcp 1021

Are these two 1021 intentional?