Thanks Tom.  Setting my buddies sshd to listen on 0.0.0.0 did the trick.  I
never noticed that it was set to internal IP.

John
=======================================
Work:       http://www.olgclotteries.com
            [EMAIL PROTECTED]
            888-345-7568 ext. 2205

Personal:   http://www.mullan.ca
            [EMAIL PROTECTED]
MSN:        [EMAIL PROTECTED]
=======================================

                      Tom Eastep

                      <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>           To:       John Mullan
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
                      Sent by:                          cc:
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
                      [EMAIL PROTECTED]        Subject:  Re: [leaf-user] SSH
question
                      ceforge.net

                      14-02-03 10:04 AM

John Mullan wrote:
> Yes, they are intentional.  I want to keep the FTP server on port 1021.
If
> anyone comes in from outside without specifying port 1021, they will
still
> get to my FTP server.  That leaves me the future opportunity to have
> another FTP server on 21 but only accessible from internal.
>
> At least, that is the way I figure it.

Your first rule actually insists that the CLIENT port be 1021 -- rather
odd requirement.

> I will attempt the Telnet idea later.  Work doesn't open very many ports.
> I don't even get port 80 access from this workstation :(

Also be sure that your sshd is listening on 0.0.0.0 and/or on the
exernal IP address of your firewall.

-Tom
Shoreline,     \ http://www.shorewall.net
Washington USA  \ [EMAIL PROTECTED]