I'd like to try Bering, but only have a 486SX to try it out on,
so I believe that I'll need to recompile the kernel.

The only sources that I can find are for 2.4.18, which was for
Bering 1.0-RC1. Will this work with 1.1, or will I need to get
the source for 2.4.20?

Not having tried it, can a 2.4 kernel be recompiled to work on
a 486SX, or am I going to slam into a brick-wall straight away
on that front?

Thanks

Nick