On Wed, 07 Jul, 2004 at 00:41:31 +0200, Erich Titl wrote:

> >> I have a 2.4.24 kernel environment which I use for the pcengines
> >kernel, you may want to have a look
> >>
> >> http://www.think.ch/leaf/styx/2.4.20/
> >
> >Great! (that would be: http://www.think.ch/leaf/styx/2.4.24/)
> >
> >I'm getting linux-2.4.24.tar.gz "as we speak". Later I'm gonna have a look
> >at the rest of the stuff over there, and figure out what else I need to
> >mimic the linux-2.4.20 + (J. Nilo -patches) + (J. Anastasov -patches) that
> >I have already.
>
> Don't know about J. Anastasov's patches, my environment basically is for
> keyboardless environment and OpenSwan 1.03 (already outdated but should
> easily move to 1.06)

Anastasov has a patchset for 2.4.24
(http://www.ssi.bg/~ja/routes-2.4.24-9.diff)
so that should be OK.

> >Tomorrow morning will be config/compile time.

Yeah, right... Nothing ever turns out like I plan it, it seems :P

Anyway, I compiled a 2.4.24 from kernel.org src. This boots fine and, even
better, lets me mount the harddisk. So now at least *that's* 'out of the
way' :)

Next step is to get the 'Bering patches' applied.

> Look into the Makefile it's easy to extend if you like it.

Indeed this looks nice. Sadly I don't fully understand what's going on :P

Am I correct in assuming that the whole idea is that you can build
everything by just issuing 'make' in $CWD ?

Should this work in debian_woody-UML? (I see references to slink...)

TIA
/Jon
--
Just say "know!"