Charles,

I use the svi command all the time. I added kernel support for the vga=
option a long time ago, w00t! My console is set at 30 lines. Though I
use putty mostly.

Regarding the scroll back function, do you know how to increase the
buffer size?

I should mention, I really don't use lrcfg for anything other than my
own custom packages. About 97% of my config files are extracted on the
fly with a utility I wrote in awk. My entire shorewall config is in one
file, as well as a good percentage of my etc config files. Hell, even
my shorewall actions are created on the fly depending on whether or not
they're specified in rules.

Anyway, my original lrcfg backup modification was a bit simplistic,
plus it made some false assumptions... and it used an external
script... and you couldn't backup etc.lrp. I just redid it. Use at your
own risk, I'm still testing.

Usage: type the letter "b" from within a package config menu, or
Network or System config.

Limitations: writes to temp; writes are confirmed; only does Full
backups.

You can paste this right after the "case $OPT in" line in
/usr/sbin/lrcfg.conf:

                b|B )
                pkgconf=$3
                if [ "$pkgconf" = '$LRPKG/etc.net.conf' ] || \
                   [ "$pkgconf" = '$LRPKG/etc.sys.conf' ]; then
                   pkgconf=etc.conf
                elif [ `dirname $pkgconf` = '$LRPKG' ]; then
                   echo "Not a package."
                   sleep 1
                   continue
                fi

                pkgmnt=$LRPKG/mnt
                pkgname=${pkgconf#$LRPKG/}
                pkgname=${pkgname%.conf}

                _null="/dev/null 2>&1"

                if mount.back $pkgname $pkgmnt > $_null ; then
                   lrcfg.back.script $pkgname ON ON Full
                   umount $pkgmnt > $_null
                else
                   echo "Could not mount backup device."