On Tue, 2005-10-11 at 11:36 -0700, Julie S. Lin wrote:
> Hi All,

Hi Julie,

> I'm now having trouble configuring said cards due to lack of ifconfig
> and netstat -rn in the kernel.  the ip link command is not something I'm
> confortable with. Is there another kernel out there I can use? Can
> someone point me in the appropriate direction? that would be greatly
> appreciated.

It has nothing to do with the kernel. The kernel could work with
ifconfig, but the program itself is not there.
You should just go to the config menu and edit /etc/network/interfaces,
after that you can get all your interfaces configured with ifup -a.
instead of netstat -rn you can use "ip route show" , instead of ifconfig
use "ip addr show" to show your current setting. if you want to set the
ip address by hand, use "ip addr add 192.168.2.0/24 dev eth0" as
example...
take a look at: http://leaf.sourceforge.net/doc/guide/buc-install.html

> --Julie

--arne