Hello Eric,

Thanks for your reply. Does it make sense to create some swap space on the CF?

Regards

Chera Bekker

Eric Spakman wrote:

Hello Chera,

The easiest way is to use initrd_ide.lrp (with ide boot modules) from:
http://leaf.sourceforge.net/bering-uclibc/index.php?module=pagemaster&PAGE_user_op=view_page&PAGE_id=3&MMN_position=3:3
if you are using Bering-uClibc 2.3.x
If you are using Bering-uClibc 2.2.x, you can find initrd_ide with 2.4.26
modules in:
http://cvs.sourceforge.net/viewcvs.py/leaf/bin/packages/uclibc-0.9/20/2.4.26/

Rename the initrd_ide.lrp package to initrd.lrp

Read the documentation on
"http://leaf.sourceforge.net/doc/guide/buci-ide.html";
on how to setup Bering-uClibc to use on CF. You can use the configured
packages from your floppy, so you shouldn't have to change a lot.

Eric

Hello List,

Right now I am running a Bering uclib firewall from a floppy. I am
thinking of buying an IDE CF reader to boot the firewall from a CF card.
What would be the easiest way to copy the contents of my current Bering
floppy to a CF card which is mounted as /dev/hda1 and to make the CF card
bootable?

Thanks for any help.

Regards

Chera Bekker