Hi LIst,

To follow on on my attempts to run Bering from a CF card. I have bought an IDE card reader and connected it as slave to the primary IDE channel. When I boot with Bering uclibc 2.2.3 with the initrd replaced by the initrd-ide-cd I cannot access it as a harddrive.

dmesg gives

hdb: IOMEGAIDE CARD READER, ATAPI cdrom or floppy?, assuming FLOPPY drive
ide0 at 0x1f0-0x1f7,0x3f6 on irq 14

So I guess the card reader is seen as a floppy. How can I force the IDE driver to recognize it as a harddisk?

fdisk /dev/hdb gives "unable to open /dev/hdb".  So I am stuck right now.

Thanks for any help.

Regards

Chera Bekker