>This may be prudent, but it may not be reality.  If you were worried
>about resiliency, would you be using old or repurposed hardware to
>begin with?

Because some people (owners, bosses, comptrollers, et al) pinch pennies.
Cost reduction is the business mantra these days.  There's always some
old box around that's been amortized down to nothing that can do the job.
 If you can do the job without spending money, vs. spending money to do
the same job, guess which they choose?

>I agree that CF's or USB sticks are a better choice,

If they are for you, feel free.  Why impose your preferences on everybody
else?

>but the user base seems to be indicating that the floppy isn't dead yet.

Not around here.  Besides, NOBODY walks away with a diskette!  ;-)
Thumbdrives seem to come with feet.

Paul Rogers  ([EMAIL PROTECTED])
http://www.xprt.net/~pgrogers/
http://www.geocities.com/paulgrogers/
(I do not personally endorse any additions after this line. TANSTAAFL
:-)