Whether it's stupid or not, that *is* what I'm doing at home. I'm simply
not rich enough to run multiple physical servers and the house is also
full enough the way it is.

Since my DSL router is a b*tch of a thing (I got it for free) I uploaded
the firmware that makes it an old type PPTP modem. So I would say the
only way in is my virtual LEAF box that sets up the connection. Besides,
I do not have any protocols bound to the outside NIC on the host.

But I am curious. How would you go about on a virtual machine over which
you gained control that would compromise the host? Which is kind of
pointless by the way since anything that might be interesting is also
running in VM...

Gordon