That would be the first thought. Both MMC and the full size SD cards
have the write inhibit switch. Only problem is that I don't know of any
card reader that allows booting from the inserted flash memory.

So to us this you'd need one of those IDE to CF adapters and then insert
a CF to SD adapter. That would make the SD memory act like it's an IDE
disk. For a stand-alone solution this would probably be the best way to
do it.

Myself I use a CDRW to boot from and currently still have a floppy drive
attached to store changes. From time to time I rewrite the CDRW with the
new config files from the floppydisk. I hardly make any changes anymore
though and the next change will probably be switching over to PXE boot.

Gordon

Giovanni Franza wrote:

--

Gordon Bos
Q-RY Solutions

Q-RY Solutions is distributeur van Pervasive Software en draagt zorg
voor consultancy, levering, ondersteuning,installatie en training.