Yes, the buzzer driver logic is populated
(http://www.pcengines.ch/alix2d3.htm) but I found out that the lack of
/kernel/drivers/input/misc/pcspkr.ko in standard kernel might be the
reason.why there is no acoustic output. Without this module available
in default dstribution as loadable module, offering the beep.lrp
package makes less sense - but this is an other topic.
I'll check if beep works with pcspkr.ko loaded.

--

mit freundlichem Gruss
Jürgen Northe