I do not see the need of providing the beep.lrp in moddb.lrp either
but at least the pcspkr.ko module should be available in the
modules.tgz package.
Right now, I compile the kernel from git to obtain pcspkr.ko

bix# pwd
/mnt/sda1/modules.dir/kernel/drivers/input
bix# ls -l
-rwxr-xr-x    1 root     root          8203 Jan 22  2011 input-polldev.ko

2011/3/13 KP Kirchdoerfer <kap...@users.sourceforge.net>:
> Am Sonntag, 13. März 2011, um 22:48:36 schrieb Juergen Northe:
>> Yes, the buzzer driver logic is populated
>> (http://www.pcengines.ch/alix2d3.htm) but I found out that the lack of
>> /kernel/drivers/input/misc/pcspkr.ko in standard kernel might be the
>> reason.why there is no acoustic output. Without this module available
>> in default dstribution as loadable module, offering the beep.lrp
>> package makes less sense - but this is an other topic.
>> I'll check if beep works with pcspkr.ko loaded.
>
> Pls let us know if it's work, once you'll load  pcspkr.ko.
>
> But also keep in mind, that beep.lrp is an _additional_ package, so I do not
> see the need to provide  pcspkr.ko in the default moddb.lrp.
> You can always add yourself from the provided modules tarball.
> If  pcspkr.ko is not part of the tarball, it's a bug.
>
> kp

mit freundlichem Gruss
Jürgen Northe