Hello Erich,

> Le 21 avr. 2017 à 14:36, Erich Titl <erich.t...@think.ch> a écrit :
>
> Hi
>
> Am 20.04.2017 um 14:16 schrieb Jean-Roch Blais:
>> Hello list,
>>
>> trying to upgrade my firmware on my brand new APU2C2 (2 Gigs of memory) I
>> get this strange message in syslog … :
>>
>> Apr 20 13:37:37 firewall upgrade: Your system has insufficient temporary
>> storage available for
>> Apr 20 13:37:37 firewall upgrade: upgrade to run successfully. Please check
>> the size of your
>> Apr 20 13:37:37 firewall upgrade: /tmp file system and increase it to at
>> least 60000 MB
>> <>this calls for 60000 MB, there must be a typo error here, any ideas ?
>
> Must be a typo in the message, I believe. I will check the respective
> calculation to verify.
>
> You could still try to increase the size, trying to find the correct
> value. Unfortunately the calculation is based on the size needed to add
> all the respective packages, which is probably a wrong assumption. But
> the 60000 is definitely a typo.

I think the command “top” should give us a fairly accurate memory usage size
for any number of packages one might have. In my case I have:
LRP="root license local bbnameif dhcpcd keyboard shorwall shorwall6 dnsmasq
dropbear mhttpd bbntpd heyu wakelan openssl webconf curl”
and the command “top” gives me:
Mem: 62708K used, 1858568K free, 18496K shrd, 4K buff, 18496K cached.
I would guess 62708K is close enough to the 60000K not M in the message, and
might be what the author really meant.

thank’s !