Hi Jean-Roch

Am 24.04.2017 um 17:07 schrieb Jean-Roch Blais:
> Hello Erich,

> Ok, do you have any suggestion for a valid size, or we simply keep guessing
> until it works…. :-) !  I don’t see any documentation on how to use “Backup
> software image” in Webconf… I just don’t want to ruin my setup !

OK, the (mis)calculation shows a value which is 1024 times bigger than
the estikmated size. You should be fine with 60 MB temporary storage.

True there is no documentation on how to run a dual boot system,
basically because I am running LEAF using the GRUB loader whereas the
standard is syslinux. My perception is that with GRUB this is easier.

What I am doing is to have multiple partitions on my box, sda0 is just
the boot files, sda1 holds the primary installation and sda2 is my
backup. The bootloader gives me the ability to choose between the two
systems. To back them up, I just copy all the files except leaf.cfg from
sda1 to sda2 and be done. If the system fails to boot I can typically
just choose the backup system, whic is identical then.

Iimplemented a backup script (I believe it is still there) in config.
LEAF being so flexible makes it difficult to decide what and how to
backup, so this needs to be improved. Unfortunately I don't have much
connectivity these days and very little hardware to play with ( I am
currently cruising the caribbean ), so this may take a while. I invite
everyone to come up with a comprehensive schema to back up the system to
an alternative partition.

cheers

ET