Just trying to get caught up before my team meeting in 5 minutes, so the intervening topics come down to:

Given that I can be persuaded to retain leap seconds, if I see a sensible proposal, I find it surprising that you consider me on the enemy side, rather than a potential allied.

I'm bemused how replying to your messages leads to an inference that I regard you as the former, not the latter.

As you can be persuaded to retain leap seconds, I can be persuaded to dispense with them as long as UTC remains a flavor of universal time, that is, of mean solar time.