On Aug 6, 2010, at 8:24 AM, Poul-Henning Kamp wrote:

> In message <e4ad08e2-540d-4068-a5d5-5e0aa6a0b...@noao.edu>, Rob Seaman writes:
>
>> Astronomers on this list have demonstrated profligate willingness to
>> entertain diverse options.
>
> As has the unworthy (in your opinion) computer geeks.

Um - one can be an astronomer and a computer geek.  You want geeks?  We got
geeks of cosmic proportions.

It is the timelords who appear to find this conversation unworthy.  This isn't
a two-sided conversation, but rather three-sided (at least).

> What happend to the "you tell us leap seconds 10 years in advance" proposal
> for instance ?

Still on the table, waiting for the timelords to sit down.  It's remarkable how
unproductive a discussion becomes when one party spends a decade attempting
repeatedly to cram through the same insipid proposal.

Rob