In message <e97e8012-cc6f-4948-b291-a82868873...@noao.edu>, Rob Seaman writes:
>Poul-Henning Kamp wrote:
>
>> What "authority" would that be, and what powers would it have ?
>
>Per SERVICE INTERNATIONAL DE LA ROTATION TERRESTRE ET DES SYSTEMES DE
>REFERENCE, we know that:
>
>       "NO positive leap second will be introduced at the end of June 2011."

Please try to answer my question, rather than cite a document which at
best has the legal force of "friendly advice".

What would happen to a country, for examples sake, lets assume USA,
if it decided not follow Daniels recommendation ?

I'm sure the director of BIPM would *love* to try it out with respect
to the inches/meter detail...

Poul-Henning

p...@freebsd.org         | TCP/IP since RFC 956