On Thu, Jul 23, 2015 at 12:45:28PM -0700, Leonardo Melo wrote:
>    Not sure it will help in any effective way. But I do the same with my
>    accounts and use my internet banking to match my postings. What I do for
>    that scenario is to transfer the owed money to one of my saving accounts
>    (my bank lets me have "as many as I want"). So that way the money is
>    stored away from my checking account, and it stills traceable using Ledger
>    and my internet banking.
>    Hope this helps =D

I move things into savings if I know they're going to be there a while and
don't want to be tempted.

For shorter term things, I'll use virtual accounts for most of this stuff, but
I know a lot of people are uncomfortable with them (I always use [] and never
())  [Savings:Vacation:Adirondacks].  I can then query with real if I want to
match my bank and with both if I want "how much isn't allocated".

Another option is to transfer the money into Assets:Checkings:OwedTax
That'll show up in your subtotal properly so you can compare, but you can see
that it is allocated...

--
"The man who does not read good books has no advantage over
 the man who cannot read them."