I agree ;-)

Oman is a bugger of a flight

From: John Boocock <barbaravi...@gmail.com>
Sender: leedslist-boun...@gn.apc.org
Date: Wed, 23 Feb 2011 21:44:44
To: Andy Pyzer<andypy...@hotmail.com>;
leedslist@gn.apc.org<leedslist@gn.apc.org>
Subject: Re: [LU] the passion of Leeds United

Posting of the month!
On 23 Feb 2011 21:04, "Andy Pyzer" <andypy...@hotmail.com> wrote:

> I agree Matt, no one ever listens to me anyway so i rarely post, i've only
been here a few years and only supported since 1971 so what do i know?

> We all moaned last year but got promoted, we hoped for mid table this year
and have over achieved in that sense. I haven't been able to travel this
year (Oman is a bugger of a flight) but what I have seen on TV has shown me
we have a group of mostly average players who will do quite well in this
league with a few stand outs. If we stay down we will lose Kasper and
Snoddy, I'd like to keep Watt and Max and Kilkenny. I wish Kisnorbo was back
too it would help imo.

> I love the general banter here as depressing as it is most days but i am
pleased that at least we won't go down this year. We have done well, we
could have done better and there will still be ups and downs. I am in touch
with mates all over the world regularly and thanks to listers here i get to
at least hear the radio commentary and sometimes dodgy TV - long may this
miserable bunch of moaning buggers carry on their opinions on a daily basis
- it does amuse me.

> For the record and I hate to agree Becchio is crap but he scores goals -
eventually. Somma should start more often. Kasper has been our saviour more
times this season than any other keeper for us in a long time.

> I love being a Leeds fan, gives me an excuse for the tourettes I develop
when I listen to the games.. MOT.

> Andy Pyzer
>

>> From: m...@leeds-united.net
>> To: m...@myray.com; barbaravi...@gmail.com
>> Date: Wed, 23 Feb 2011 18:41:14 +0000
>> CC: leedslist@gn.apc.org
>> Subject: Re: [LU] What part?
>>
>> In some ways we had this in league 1. When we started to slip during the
>> cup run it was fairly apparently that most of these players weren’t good
>> enough for the championship so what motivation did they have to get over
the
>> finish line, a season of struggle, a replacement coming in???
>>

>> But, quite a few have proven that wrong
>>

>> But never under estimate the vanity of football people
>>

>> Bates wants his day at Stamford Bridge, Grayson won’t want to be a nearly
>> man, we are still the biggest club outside the premier league and while
>> this season is a gimme next season isn’t!
>>

>> Many of the players think they are prem standard, the media seem to
agree,
>> Becchio to Celtic, Kasper to Liverpool, Bradley Johnson to half a dozen
no
>> mark lower prom clubs, it won’t be long before the Somma to Stoke or
>> someone rumours start.
>>

>> I was p1ssed off last night but we are 6th, 5 points off 2nd, the clubs
>> around us are dropping points at random.
>>

>> I’m not convinced that we have to get out of this league this year, I can
>> see West Ham having a relegation hangover and Wigan and Wolves the other
2
>> most likely hold no fear even with £50m. Look how Hull and Burnley have
>> struggled to adjust.
>>

>> Relax and enjoy this season and see where it leads, top 8 is good
anything
>> better is fantastic!

On
>> Behalf Of Dr Michael Benjamin
>> Sent: 23 February 2011 17:11
>> To: barbaravi...@gmail.com
>> Cc: leedslist@gn.apc.org
>> Subject: Re: [LU] What part?
>>

>> Lets stir the shit a bit:-
>> Just how much motivation is there to go up?
>> Bates: Would get the opportunity to sell of the club. But................
>> To do so he has to open up the whole can of worms about ownership and
face a
>> possible criminal investigation.
>> To go up and not sell means either investing in new players or facing a
lot
>> of questions about why he has not done so.
>> In short why should he? He is sat on a nice flow of cash. No real
problems.
>> In short maybe Bates is better off as we are.
>> Grayson: Would get the opportunity to prove himself. But on the other
hand
>> if a new buyer came in just what guarantees does he have of staying?
None.
>> If buyer doesn't arrive he, SG, will be open conflict with Bates about
>> buying new players. Also SG will be the steward of a probable relegated
>> team. We all know that means the sack. So there are scenarios where SG
maybe
>> not to keen to get promoted. Not with KB.
>> Before anyone starts lambasting me I'll make three points:
>> 1. The Watford play off final.
>> 2. The nature of our uncle Ken and his past antics.
>> 3. I said that this is one scenario -- there are many others.
>> But only in Leeds could you describe this scenario at all -- unlikely as
it
>> may be [ or so I hope!]
>>
>> Michael
>>

>> Dr Michael Benjamin,
>> Community Psychiatrist
>> -------------------------------
>> myRay: On-line Self-Help CBT
>> http://www.myRay.com
>> ------------------------------
>> Mental Health:
>> http//www.MyDoctorExplains.com
>> --------------------------------
>> Auditing || Quality Control
>> http://www.MyDoctorExplains.com/alamo/
>> --------------------------------
>> Blog:
>> http://www.DrMichaelBenjamin.com

>> > I raised this issue after the Norwich match. Like Norwich we are
>> described
>> > as "building" a team.
>> >
>> > I'd like to think that we were and that the game plan was to have that
>> team
>> > constructed, if not over one season definitely over two seasons, in
order
>> > be promoted and then retain Premiership status with the correct buying
>> > policy on achieving that status.
>> >
>> > Howard Wilkinson was in a different footballing world when he took
Leeds
>> > out of the second division in 1990 but his buying strategy was astute.
He