I agree with a lot of what you said Mark but I think the fact that Kilkenny got
a better offer from Bristol Bloody City shows that we're nowhere near the
financial suicide end of the spectrum. We can't even match a lower Championship
team for wages yet we have one of the biggest gate revenues. There was also
that table that showed that we had got the best value per point in terms of
money spent on players. All this shows that Bates is a tight bugger who is
stuck in the 80's and thinks that all fans are thickos and will pay regardless
of the tosh on offer and also that players are overpaid primadonnas. Well he
might be right on the last point but if he's the only bugger standing by that
(which he is) then we are going to lose good players to other teams, bigger or
smaller, and we'll never be out of this league and could go down even further.
Bates has a Rochdale, Tranmere, small time club approach to business and we're
fecked with him in charge.