I said:
> First gig - 'Iron Maiden' at Wakefield Trinity Hall, Killers Tour,
> Doh!  That should, of course, have read "Wakefield Unity Hall".  Bit of RL
insinuated itself into my brain when I was typing that, it seems!

Ha!  Seems I know nothing...  My interest piqued, I looked up the date of my
first gig and it turned out to not be the Killers tour at all, but the Iron
Maiden (1st album) tour.  I remember Dennis Stratton was still on guitar and
Wikipedia tells me he was sacked immediately after that tour.  So 16th June
1980 was my first gig...

Nigel