The most discouraging article I have read considering who is saying this,
what he knows and reading between the lines:-

By Eddie Gray
Published on *Monday 28 May 2012 08:31*

Robert Snodgrass has proved, over the past few seasons at Leeds United,
that he’s a top class player.

He wants to play at the highest level, I think that’s what he’s saying with
his comments this week.

And if the opportunity comes around, it looks like he might take it and I
don’t think anyone can blame him for that.

I’ve always said I’d be disappointed in any player who did not want to play
at the highest level they possibly can. That’s the important thing in
football as a professional footballer; you do the very best you can with
the ability you’ve got.

You’ve got to still say that if Robert leaves our football club, it will be
a big blow.

As everybody knows, he’s been the main man for us over the past few
seasons. Basically since he came to the club from Scotland, his form has
been very good.

If Robert goes, I don’t think anyone can say he’s let down the football
club because he’s stayed loyal for the past few years and the longer it
goes without him playing at the highest level, the less chance he’s going
to have.

I obviously wish he could stay with us next season, but unfortunately
there’s no guarantee of that...

It’s not over until it’s over and we’ve got to hope there’s still a good
chance Robert will sign a new contract with us, but we’ll just have to wait
and see.

Looking at Robert, he’s probably seen a lot of players leave to play in the
Premiership and he’ll probably think he’s as good, if not better, than them.

He’s entitled to think: ‘I want a go at that.’

In terms of whether he can handle the Premiership, he’s as ready as he’ll
ever be, in my opinion.

Yes, you’ve still got to prove you can do it if you get the stage to play
there. But at his age, if he can’t do it now, he’ll never be able to do it.
That’s my view.

Quality

I think he would show his quality at that level. He’s definitely got the
talent.

I’ve spoken to Robert about his situation and basically told him not to
jump into things. He’s got to take his time and see what happens; that’s
the sensible thing.

But obviously if he does decide to leave, our club are in a position to be
able to command a decent fee for him now.

But if he decides not to sign and walk out of the door next year, then it’s
a Jermaine Beckford situation and I’m sure the club will be weighing things
up.

Everyone is currently talking about bringing players in and are desperate
for signings. I’ve been there myself on the other side as manager and know
it’s not as easy as people think. Especially nowadays, with all the agents
involved, while players seem to take their time more and are actively
looking around for good offers.

We’ll have to wait and see what happens and be patient. We’ve signed Jason
Pearce at least and everyone seems to speak highly of him.

Hopefully, Neil, with his contacts, will be able to get a few things going.
Dr Michael Benjamin,
Community Psychiatrist
myRay: On-line Self-Help CBT
http://www.myRay.com