On Mon, 28 May 2012 11:36:34 +0200,Damian Walsh <pussaydam...@gmail.com> wrote:

>To change the subject - no wonder the UK is in double-dip recession. I've
>just seen that there are 9 public holidays in England this year. 9!! that's
>3 more than here in France, and France has the world's highest productivity
>to justify its 6 public holidays. Are the English just bloody workshy?

Compare that to my location next year.

The following public holidays will be observed in the Australian Capital
Territory during 2013.

Date to be observed     Public Holiday
Tuesday 1 January 2013  New Year's Day
Monday 28 January 2013  Australia Day
*Substitute for Saturday 26 January 2013
Monday 11 March 2013    Canberra Day
Friday 29 March 2013    Good Friday
Saturday 30 March 2013  Easter Saturday
Monday 1 April 2013     Easter Monday
Thursday 25 April 2013  Anzac Day
Monday 10 June 2013     Queen's Birthday
Monday 30 September 2013        Family & Community Day
Monday 7 October 2013   Labour Day
Wednesday 25 December 2013      Christmas Day
Thursday 26 December 2013       Boxing Day

Leaving out the Saturday, that is still 11 weekday holidays.

Workshy b*st*rds, us Australians.