If we make the playoffs, I am cautiously optimistic.

I have read comments on various fora about how, historically, once we get
into a "last 4" situation, we never end up winners. However, there are a
number of ways to look at that, not just the "we never do well" approach.

1) The "Rosencrantz & Guildenstern" scenario: if a tossed coin has come
down tails 99  times out of 99, the odds of it coming down tails the 100th
time are still even.

Or are they?

2) If the odds are that 100 tosses will yield 50 tails and 50 heads, then
if there has been no heads in 99 attempts, then the chances of the 100th
being heads are greater.

Or..............if you accept that any football club will triumph
occasionally in "last 4" situations, with a probability of perhaps 3 out of
10, then the fact that Leeds have failed in their last 7 (I believe that's
the count) attempts just makes it more likely that we'll succeed this time.

Specifically, I reckon we could get past Reading in a two-legger. I didn't
think we played that badly on saturday. Their goal was a brilliant shot
from Cormorant or whatever he's called...........it was way above 2nd Div
quality. I know they had a few other chances, but somehow I never felt
worried by them. If it hadn't been for that one great shot, I think we'd
have got a nice 0-0 out of it. Even with that shot, we still beat them 2-1
on aggregate. I doubt very much if Termite-ant, or whatever he is called,
can produce another shot like that. Then a final v Udders or Fulham? I
would have been very pessimistic about beating the dog botherers a few
weeks ago, but if they continue their recent wobble, they are going to be
getatable. Ditto Fulham, or even Wendies............they've looked more
vulnerable in recent weeks.

Of course, that is all IF we can get into the bloody playoffs!