Lots of rumours this morning of a half-time bust up between Ayling and Roca and
the fact that it could have contributed to the shocking 2nd half performance.
I'd be more tempted to blame it on the fact that there's a lot of players out
there that aren't quite up to the levels required. Forget Forest, as an away
team they are championship at best, but Palace are different. They have pace in
midfield and a bit of know how when it comes to pass and move football. You
can't line up against them with Roca and Mckennie and expect to get away with
it. Unfortunately that's where we are now with Adams out for the season and all
we have is unproven U-23 players and Forshaw who actually made it onto the
bench. It's depressing.We started lively and moved the ball around Bielsa style
at times and we had a few chances. The warning signs were there though as
Palace could have easily had 3 themselves as they hit the post and missed two
unmarked sitters - all from set pieces. Bamford's goal was a great header and
everyone was talking about going 5 points clear of the relegation zone after
back to back home wins. A tad premature that was. Palace scraped an equaliser
in the last 10 seconds of the half , from a set piece (common theme) and that
was that.
Second half , we just didn't compete and it's probably the worst half of
football at ER for many a year. We ran out of steam and ideas and they went up
a level and we just couldn't live with them. The ground emptied long before the
end as I think many realised that this set of players cannot keep us up. Bank
holiday totally ruined.
Scores:
Meslier - 4. Is it me, or does he not look that arsed.
Ayling - 4. Started lively and got forward well but like a lot of others he ran
out of steam fast
Firpo - 5. Got his customary booking through brainless, clueless defending.
Koch - 4. Lost his man in the first half a few times and doesn't look great
next to Struijk
Struijk - 3. Not good enough IMO
Mckennie - 3. Disappointing
Roca - 4. Started well but ultimately showed what we know in that he's never
going to make it at this level.
Harrison - 3.
Bamford - 5.
Sinisterra - 4
Aaronson - 4

Ran out of steam on this report , just like the team ... fuck it