> -----Original Message----- > From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:leedslist- > [EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Paul Cundell > Sent: 17 June 2007 16:52 > To: 'LUList' > Subject: Re: [LU] The inevitable does happen > > > > > The bottom line for me is like someone else said on here a > > while back, he > > wants to own Leeds Utd and as far as I can see its for one of > > two reasons, > > ego or to make money, and having a successful football club > > is central to > > maximising either of those goals. > > > > Obviously this is what Bates and Taylor would want you to believe, but > I'm > interested as to what proof you have that this is true. > Is it impossible to make money from Leeds United without creating a > successful football club? > If you, I or anyone else can find one way of making money without us > winning > another game will you admit you are wrong?
I said maximise. Wouldnt Bates make more money on his -£5m investment or whatever it was he didnt put into the club if he sold a premiership club? > > There was no guarantee that any other bidder would have been > > any different > > in that respect. > > None at all - yet you seem to believe that there is a guarantee that > Bates > will try to make us successful - why? Where's your proof? No I am not. I have told you lot before, I am not necessarily PRO bates. You lot are anti Bates and seem to subscribe to the 'anyone but Bates' argument. I came to this conclusion because of the constant negative postings about Bates (and his associates) and opposed to any positive postings about any other fucker interested. > > I don't see any reason for the continued sniping, apart from personal > > bitterness, which is fine, just say it instead of making out > > this episode is > > the end of Leeds United or the worst thing that has happened > > to us over the > > last 10 years or whatever. > > > > For one who claims all that matters is the football team, I find it > hard to > stomach that you don't believe that relegation to England's third tier > is > NOT the worst thing to happen to LUFC EVER! It is the worst thing on the pitch that has happened. But it has happened. All I want now is for us to get promoted. To move forward. I think Wise & Poyet can get us up. If there was another potential owner who I thought would do better than Bates and support the existing management, AND getting them in wouldnt cause massive disruptions then I would support them, but I havent seen anything of the sort and none of you lot has even mentioned that aspect. You all keep going on about whether Bates saved the club, whether he needed to go into admin, whether he had anything to do with Astor blah blah blah. Its History. If someone wants to buy the club they can. So Paul, what is your main beef with Bates that makes you want to chuck the club back into admin again? Do you think we will keep Derry? Do you think we will keep Cresswell? Do you think a full preseason is important for Wise & Poyet? _______________________________________________ the Leeds List is an unmoderated mailing list and the list administrators accept no liability for the personal views and opinions of contributors. Leedslist mailing list [email protected] http://list.zetnet.co.uk/mailman/listinfo/leedslist Join The Leeds United Supporters Trust at www.lufctrust.org

