At the risk of inviting a diatribe of abuse aimed in my direction, did we miss 
Douglas (as well as Beckford) last night?

I know many, if not all, on the list slate Douglas off for what he does, or 
does not do, when he has the ball. I have watched him many times playing for 
Leeds and ROI (twice in the past I believe), and in particular have watched him 
when he hasn't got the ball. He does seem to, by luck or management, position 
himself into spaces which close off the option of forward passes for the 
opposing midfield, causing them to pass sideways and slow attacks to some 
degree. If he is doing this, and can also break up the odd attack and on 
occasion pass a simple 3 yard ball to Delph, then perhaps he is not as out of 
place in this squad as some would suggest, but maybe doing all three things 
together in the same match, and consistently, would be asking too much.

Alternatively, perhaps I am just clutching at straws before I become as 
dispirited as the rest of the List and join the anti Douglas brigade.

Malc

__________________________________________________________________________________

seems to me we now have to rebuild our defence (no fullbacks fit that 
Grayson rates), midfield (all too slow and can't tackle or pass), and our 
attack (all dog shit except Beckford)

Grayson will now have that awful feeling in the pit of his stomach that most 
of us have had for the last 5 years

Soon we'll have to write this season off (luckily teams at the top are not 
pulling too far away) and Grayson will have to sort the wheat from the 
chaff.
_______________________________________________
the Leeds List is an unmoderated mailing list and the list administrators 
accept no liability for the personal views and opinions of contributors.
Leedslist mailing list
[email protected]
http://list.zetnet.co.uk/mailman/listinfo/leedslist
Sorry Macca - it's the curse of Bates old lad

Reply via email to