> I think you're spot on there - he doesn't really have to be any good - > just someone who has a brain and can make fast , intelligent runs which > confuses and occupies the opposition defenders. At the moment Trundle is > just seems to be a fat, duck just waddling along waiting for the ball to > arrive at his feet so he can weave his magic whilst Becchio sees plenty of > the ball but hasn't any ability to do anything with it -another 6 yard > miss apparently last night (even Eddie was slating him) along with being > put through 2 yards clear and he gets caught.
I think both those 2 are players who play well (or rather are more effective) alongside someone like beckford. Trundle is someone who likes to drop off the front line and pick the ball up. Becchio likes to be the target man - back facing the goal, you need someone prepared to turn the defence to give those players the bit of space they need (to create something, or bring the ball under control!). We have no replacement for Beckford - I think Dickinson is that type of player though. I bloody hope he is.. _______________________________________________ the Leeds List is an unmoderated mailing list and the list administrators accept no liability for the personal views and opinions of contributors. Leedslist mailing list [email protected] http://list.zetnet.co.uk/mailman/listinfo/leedslist Sorry Macca - it's the curse of Bates old lad

