  From: Begat
  To: legacy-ornamental-mills@googlegroups.com
  Sent: Tuesday, April 24, 2012 5:50 PM
  Subject: Re: Shipping a LOM and/or Heavy accessories

  Hello All,

  Does someone really want a 2000 or 2200 or just the parts? When the 2000 was
up for sale in KC a little while ago, I wanted the spindle, the railing, and
the z-axis.  In fact these machines have about 3k in rails on them.   In any
case, as I learned anything that ships that's over eight feet long is going to
be very pricey to ship.  Getting the machjine for a few hundred, might make it
possible to fly in, rent a uhaul, strip off the rails and parts useable on
reasonable OM's, and drive them home.  In advance,  I'd line up a
salvage/recycle company and rent a machine to cut the 2000 into manageable
chunks and get whatever I could locally.  Still, I think the machine would have
to be only so far away from home, and I'd have to be certain that I could sell
rail at $25 a foot, plus shipping to the new owner.  Again, that's the killer.
 I don't know a way around it.

  Begat